Are you a talented Data Scientist, Data Engineer, or Machine Learning Engineer looking for your first next career move? We’re looking for professionals that are not satisfied with solving just one piece of the puzzle. Young professionals with the right background, ambition, and potential to be skilled in the entire data pipeline: from data storage to model development, and deployment in a cloud environment. Solving data challenges from start to finish. Sounds like you? Then join us as a Machine Learning Engineer, and we’ll help you to get there!
Please note that this position is only available to people currently living in the Netherlands.
Working as a Machine Learning Engineer
As a Machine Learning Engineer at Xomnia you will work on challenging projects for one of our clients. Projects usually either cover data science-related topics, such as fraud & anomaly detection, time series forecasts, and recommender systems, or data engineering challenges such as building data pipelines, developing on cloud architectures, productionizing machine learning models, and building custom software solutions. Together with the team you follow the best practices in the field and ensure the right level of automation.
In practical terms, you will spend every Monday to Thursday being fully focused on working at the challenges of our clients. But although we very much believe in further developing your technical and consultancy skills in a hands-on way, we also offer you a comprehensive two-year development program to leverage the expertise and experience we have within Xomnia.
In the first year every Friday morning, you will dive deeper into various data engineering or data science concepts and technologies. In addition, Xomnia’s senior technical team will coach you on the challenges you face in your daily work, whatever those may be. In the afternoon, you will continue working on your client project with the knowledge of our senior team at your disposal.
In the second year, you will follow our core team development program. With the support and guidance of our experienced team, you will make an impact at organizations such as Adidas, ProRail, or the National Police whilst further developing yourself as a top-notch Machine Learning Engineer.
What we offer
- Client projects with real data challenges, and a position in which you can really help them take the next step.
- A wealth of knowledge and experience at your fingertips in the form of Xomnia’s senior technical team.
- A high-quality, mature development program that addresses both data science and data engineering skills:
- Hands-on training in engineering topics such as code deployment, ETL, streaming, containerization, and orchestration.
- Deep dives in state-of-the-art infrastructure, architecture patterns, and cloud technologies.
- Courses on core machine learning concepts, as well as advanced topics like time series, Bayesian statistics, and deep learning.
- Individual coaching by experts to boost your career
- Competitive salary (including paid time for self-development)
- Work from home package
- 25 vacation days
- A company laptop
- Nice colleagues who besides work also like to undertake activities
- Company trips and activities like the Xomnia WKD, ski trip, and weekly sports activities
- Bachelor's and Master’s degree (plus possibly a Ph.D.) in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, or a related discipline. Preferably a combination of both fields.
- Minimum of one year of relevant working experience as a data scientist, data engineer, or machine learning engineer.
- In-depth understanding of data science and proven affinity with data engineering (or vice versa)
- Solid programming experience in Python
- Proficiency in SQL, Git, command line, Docker, and API frameworks
- Proven experience in building models ready for production
- Mastering English and Dutch is a requirement
- You are a communicative team player, not afraid to ask for help, and eager to share your expertise with your colleagues
- You’re curious, proactive, and ready to be challenged!
We are Xomnia, the AI consulting company. We’re curious problem-solvers who believe data will change the way we live, work, and communicate. Being at the forefront of this revolutionary change in a sustainable, positive way is what drives us.
We solve challenging data science and engineering projects, from start to finish. From developing an application for real-time fraud detection on Google Cloud Platform, to setting up a customized recommender engine in an existing Microsoft Azure environment - we develop and deploy tailor-made data science solutions.
Xomnia started in 2013 in one room in the heart of Amsterdam. These days we take up nearly two houses and it still feels like home. Like any family, we all feel comfortable just being ourselves.