✔ Are you a skilled machine learning engineer with a strong background in algorithm development and implementation?
✔ Are you looking for a role that combines hands-on technical work with consulting?
✔ Do you get satisfaction from seeing your models and algorithms being used in real-world applications?
✔ Do you enjoy being part of a team of experts who are passionate about machine learning and AI?
Then Xomnia is the place for you!
As a Machine Learning Engineer at Xomnia, your work for our clients will range from building data pipelines, to data exploration and modelling, to productionizing your models, and deploying them in a cloud environment. In the past our team has for example optimized the electricity grid for the future, ensured you have stable internet connection at home and worked together with LUMC on cancer research.
Together with the team, you will follow and set the best practices in modelling, programming, automation and CI / CD. At Xomnia, we value knowledge sharing and staying ahead of the curve in our constantly evolving field. We are looking for a team player who is dedicated to keep learning, and enjoys sharing knowledge with others.
Please note that for this position, we are looking for candidates that have the legal right to work in the Netherlands as we do not offer visa sponsorship.
What you will be working on
- Collaborating with a cross-functional team at our client to understand business requirements and identify opportunities for applying machine learning
- Designing and implementing machine learning models using a variety of techniques
- Developing and maintaining machine learning pipelines, including data preprocessing, model training, evaluation, and deployment
- Analyzing and interpreting results to inform decision-making and drive continuous improvement
- Staying up-to-date with the latest machine learning techniques and technologies and apply them to business problems as appropriate
- Following and setting best practices in modeling, programming, automation, and CI/CD
What you will need
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a position such as a machine learning engineer, data scientist or data engineer, building scalable solutions to bring models to production
- A degree in computer science, data science, artificial intelligence or similar
- Experience in data wrangling and building data pipelines
- Advanced knowledge of statistics and mathematics
- Experience with building batch and streaming ETL pipelines
- Excellent Software Engineering skills in Python (bonus: Scala or Java)
- Experience with containerization (Docker), CI / CD and testing
- Experience in working with at least one cloud environment (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Keen on sharing knowledge and being eager to keep developing yourself
- Affinity for consulting and a drive to help clients
What we offer
We are Xomnia, the AI consulting company. We’re curious problem solvers who believe data will change the way we live, work and communicate. Being at the forefront of this revolutionary change in a sustainable, positive way is what drives us.
We solve challenging data science and engineering projects, from start to finish. From developing an application for real-time fraud detection on Google Cloud Platform, to setting up a customized recommender engine in an existing Microsoft Azure environment - we develop and deploy tailor-made data science solutions.
Xomnia started in 2013 in one room in the heart of Amsterdam. These days we take up nearly two houses. But more than just a workspace, we're a community that values authenticity. Here, everyone is encouraged to be themselves, to learn, and to have fun in the process.
Representing over 20 nationalities, our team values the unique cultural perspective that each individual brings to the table. Moreover, with the Dutch tech sector seeing a female representation around 11%, we are proud that over 30% of our workforce is female. Nevertheless, we recognize that there is more to be done, and we continue working to overcome barriers that still exist.
We encourage all candidates to apply, and we don’t discriminate based on race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. However, a reality that we face is that many of our clients prefer to communicate in Dutch, making Dutch proficiency essential for some roles. Additionally, while we wish that we could sponsor visas for everyone, there are instances when it is not feasible.
If you're experienced, passionate, and align with our values, we want to hear from you.