Are you an experienced Data Engineer ready for the next step in your career? Xomnia offers you this opportunity. We are looking for a communicative Data Engineer with knowledge of open source technologies like Spark, Kafka, Airflow and Kubernetes together with experience in (at least) one of the major cloud environments (Azure, GCP, AWS).
We believe in a can and will do mentality, and leading by example. As a Data Engineer at Xomnia you will work together with other medior and senior team members on challenging projects for our clients. In these projects you take on complex problems such as building data pipelines, designing a cloud architecture, productionizing machine learning models and building custom software solutions. Together with the team you follow the best practices in the field and ensure the right level of automation.
You're eager and dedicated to keep learning and developing yourself. And not unimportantly, you get energy from developing solutions that run in production, that ‘always’ work. You enjoy achieving goals together with the team, and realizing our customers ambitions.
What you will need
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a position as data engineer, machine learning engineer, or similar
- Master in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence or similar
- Use the right technology stack for the right problem by having experience in technologies such as Spark, Cassandra, Airflow, Kafka and Kubernetes
- Experience in working with at (least) one cloud environment (Azure, GCP, AWS)
- Excellent Software Engineering skills in Python, Scala or Java and knowledge of Software Testing and CI/CD
- Enjoy sharing knowledge and being eager to keep developing yourself
- Be a true team player
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- 25 vacation days and the possibility of taking unpaid leave
- Room to grow and develop yourself
- Paid time for self development
- Challenging assignments
- Company laptop of your choice
- A monthly in-depth training facilitated by colleagues or external trainers
- Nice colleagues who besides work also like to undertake activities
- Company trips and activities like the Xomnia WKD, ski trip, and weekly sports activities
We are Xomnia, the AI consulting company. We’re curious problem-solvers who believe data will change the way we live, work and communicate. Being at the forefront of this revolutionary change in a sustainable, positive way is what drives us.
We solve challenging data science and engineering projects, from start to finish. From developing an application for real-time fraud detection on Google Cloud Platform, to setting up a customized recommender engine in an existing Microsoft Azure environment - we develop and deploy tailor-made data science solutions.
Xomnia started in 2013 in one room in the heart of Amsterdam. These days we take up nearly two houses and it still feels like home. Like any family, we all feel comfortable just being ourselves.