Do you have one year of working experience and are you interested in the entire data cycle- from data storage to model development and deployment? Then check out our MLE Development Program, tailored specifically for data professionals in the early years of their career.
Please note that for this position, we are looking for candidates that have the legal right to work in the Netherlands as we do not offer visa sponsorship. Additionally, the earliest starting date is the 1st of February of 2023.
Introducing the MLE Development Program:
By now, you have probably studied for several years, done some internships and had your first job. However, you may still feel a gap in your knowledge, specifically in topics such as cloud experience, model production, or general business skills. This might be creating a hurdle that prevents you from developing into a well-rounded machine learning engineer.
The Development Program at Xomnia closes this gap by teaching you the most effective tools and state-of-the-art techniques for handling various data challenges. As a consultant at Xomnia, you will have the opportunity to make an impact with our clients, which include Adidas, ProRail, Alliander, and Gemeente Amsterdam. Simultaneously, you will receive coaching from our senior technical team toward your personal and professional development goals. You will be assisted with any challenges that you encounter in your daily work!
During this one-year long program, you will work in a data engineering project that will provide you with a strong foundation for becoming a knowledgeable consultant in the field. Once the program is over, you will have the option to join the data engineer or machine learning engineer teams at Xomnia.
Details about the program:
You will work 4 days a week (Monday through Thursday) on your client’s project. On Friday’s, you will come to Xomnia’s HQ in Amsterdam and spend 4 hours of training together with your cohort over the following topics:
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Big Data engineering or Artificial Intelligence, as well as knowledge of mathematics and statistics
- Relevant working experience as a data engineer, or machine learning engineer. This experience is preferably within a company and ideally on projects like creating data pipelines or creating production-ready models.
- Programming experience in Python
- Proficiency in SQL, Git, command line, Docker, and API framework
- Fluency in English and Dutch
- An understanding of data science is a plus
- You are a communicative team player and are eager to share your expertise with your colleagues
- You are curious, proactive, and ready to be challenged!
Why should you apply?
- You will join a community of over 70 technical professionals, some of whom are thought leaders in their fields. There will always be somebody to talk with who is just as excited as you are about data and AI!
- You will learn a lot from the 50 knowledge-sharing sessions on Friday afternoons, which will go in depth about cool and relevant topics that one cannot fully cover by a Google search.
- You will benefit from Xomnia’s experience in training more than 100 alumni, who have successfully completed our programs.
- You will be part of an industry leader who knows the AI market inside and out. We will make sure that you are trained in the skills that will actually help you advance your career, which at the moment focus on data engineering skills.
- Continue your learning and growth in a safe environment with lots of guidance!
Who we are
We are Xomnia, the AI consulting company. We’re curious problem-solvers who believe data will change the way we live, work, and communicate. Being at the forefront of this revolutionary change in a sustainable, positive way is what drives us.
We solve challenging data science and engineering projects, from start to finish. From developing an application for real-time fraud detection on Google Cloud Platform, to setting up a customized recommender engine in an existing Microsoft Azure environment - we develop and deploy tailor-made data science solutions.
Xomnia started in 2013 in one room in the heart of Amsterdam. These days we take up nearly two houses and it still feels like home. Like any family, we all feel comfortable just being ourselves.