Are you an experienced data scientist, machine learning engineer or data engineer with leadership skills, ready to take your career to the next level?! As lead data scientist or lead data engineer, you will not only contribute to building the solutions and services we deliver, but you will also manage a small team of highly skilled colleagues.
What you'll be doing
We believe in a hands-on, can and will do mentality, and leading by example. Approximately 4 days a week you will work as a data scientist or engineer together with other core team members on challenging projects at our clients. In these projects you take a senior hands-on role and ensure that we make an impact.
Approximately 1 day a week you spend on supporting 5 or 6 colleagues. This entails a mentoring role, ensuring their professional success within Xomnia and the field as a whole, as well as some practical, administrative responsibilities. Additionally, you will give input on the strategic, developmental, and operational aspects of the company, together with other team leads and our CTO. You ensure your team's happiness, performance, development, and that Xomnia as a company maintains and further expands its leading position.
What you will need
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a technical role such as data engineer/scientist or similar
- Experience managing a team of technical employees is considered a plus
- Master degree in computer science, data science, artificial intelligence or similar
- Advanced technical skillset (e.g. software engineering, statistical modeling)
- Proficiency in modern programming languages (e.g. Python, Scala)
- Team player with strong communication skills
What we offer
- Lead data engineer or Lead data scientist position
- Competitive salary
- 25 vacation days and the possibility of taking unpaid leave
- Room to grow and develop yourself
- Paid time for self development
- Challenging assignments
- Company laptop of your choice
- A monthly in-depth training facilitated by colleagues or external trainers
- Nice colleagues who besides work also like to undertake activities
- Yearly company trips, pub quiz, ski trip
We are Xomnia, an AI consulting company. We solve challenging data science and engineering projects, from start to finish. From developing an application for real-time fraud detection on Google Cloud Platform, to setting up a customized recommender engine in an existing Microsoft Azure environment - we develop and deploy tailor-made data science solutions.
Xomnia started in 2013 in one room in the heart of Amsterdam. These days we take up nearly two houses and it still feels like home. Like any family, we all feel comfortable just being ourselves.