Are you a young professional who is interested in the entire data pipeline: from data storage to model development and deployment? Are you looking to kickstart your career supported by the best in the field? Then join us as a Machine Learning Engineer in our Development Program, and we’ll help you to get there!
Please note that this position is only available to people currently living in the Netherlands.
Working as a Machine Learning Engineer
There is a gap between the theory taught at university and the practical skills needed to thrive in the AI job market. For example, cloud experience, putting models into production, and general business skills.
We bridge this gap by teaching you practical tools and techniques that will help you make an impact at companies like Adidas, ProRail, Alliander, Gemeente Amsterdam, while also advancing your career as a top-tier Machine Learning Engineer.
Xomnia will match you with the right client and create an environment where you can learn from professionals. Xomnia's senior technical team will help you through any difficulties that you may face in your daily work and will coach you toward your personal and professional development goals.
By the end of the 13-month program you will have a broad understanding of what state-of-the-art techniques are available and which tools are most effective for various challenges . The client with whom you worked can make you a job offer by the end of your contract with Xomnia. It is up to you whether you accept it or not.
MLE Development Program
4 days a week (Monday through Thursday) you will work on your client’s project. Friday’s you will spend them at Xomnia. This is how your day will look:
- Candidates with a Bachelors and Master's degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, or a related field are preferred. However, if you have a track record of programming success, give it a shot and get in touch with us.
- Relevant (part-time) working experience as a data scientist, data engineer, or machine learning engineer besides your studies is a plus!
- Understanding of data science and proven affinity with data engineering (or vice versa), meaning that you should be familiar with most of the following requirements: programming experience in Python, comprehension of SQL, Git, command line, Docker, and API frameworks, experience in building models ready for production, and knowledge of statistics and mathematics.
- Mastering English is a requirement, Dutch is nice to have.
- You are a communicative team player, not afraid to ask for help, and eager to share your expertise with your colleagues.
- You are curious, proactive, and ready to be challenged!
We are Xomnia, the AI consulting company. We’re curious problem-solvers who believe data will change the way we live, work, and communicate. Being at the forefront of this revolutionary change in a sustainable, positive way is what drives us.
We solve challenging data science and engineering projects, from start to finish. From developing an application for real-time fraud detection on Google Cloud Platform, to setting up a customized recommender engine in an existing Microsoft Azure environment - we develop and deploy tailor-made data science solutions.
Xomnia started in 2013 in one room in the heart of Amsterdam. These days we take up nearly two houses and it still feels like home. Like any family, we all feel comfortable just being ourselves.