Do you dream of a job as a Data Engineer? Would you like to become an expert in building the infrastructure and architecture to generate efficient, reliable and clean data for businesses? With our challenging development program, you can. This is your chance to put your knowledge into practice and learn even more from other data engineers. Are you up for the challenge?
Junior development program
In a one-year program of intensive guidance and access to the best trainers in the Netherlands, you will have the opportunity to develop yourself and help organisations get more value out of their data.
From Monday to Thursday you will be working for one of our clients as a Xomnian Consultant. This can be anything. We work together with several organisations and industries within the Randstad such as KLM, ProRail, Adidas or the municipality.
Every Friday, you will end your working week at Xomnia HQ for the training elements of our development program. In the morning, you will tackle new technical skills and dive deeper into different Data Engineering techniques and tools. In the afternoon, you will receive soft skills training and business coaching sessions to become an all-around technical consultant.
At the end of the day, the entire company comes together for an afternoon drink and an expert session on a variety of tech-related topics.
In a nutshell
Xomnia’s development program allows you to:
- help organisations get more value out of their data
- make an impact with your Data Engineering skills
- acquire the tools for building data architecture, based on the requirements of the organisations
- learn how to apply several techniques to automate data flow between different systems
What you get:
- many varied technical training sessions (every Friday at the office in Amsterdam)
- an opportunity to further develop your programming skills with Python and functional programming
- work with modern frameworks such as Hadoop and Kafka
- year-round coaching from our senior Xomnia Data Engineers
- practice designing, building and maintaining a big data analytics environment
- modern skills to work and think as a consultant in data engineering
- your own Xomnia Hoodie, it’s amazing, it’s true.
- a new perspective of Fridays (they’re so much more than the last day of the workweek)
Are you the Data Engineer talent we’re looking for?
- After finishing your MSc. in computer science, big data engineering, computational sciences or any related study, you want to design, develop and implement the best data architecture solutions
- As a data fanatic, you’re looking for the opportunity to make a business impact and learn the latest data engineering techniques
- You want to understand what an organisation really needs and which techniques can best meet those needs
- You’re curious, eager to learn and proactive
Who are we?
We are Xomnia, an AI consulting company. We solve challenging data science and engineering projects, from start to finish. From developing an application for real-time fraud detection on Google Cloud Platform to setting up a customized recommender engine in an existing Microsoft Azure environment – we develop and deploy tailor-made data science solutions.
Xomnia started out in 2013 in one room in the heart of Amsterdam. These days we take up nearly two houses and it still feels like home. Like any family, we all feel comfortable just being ourselves.
Ambitious. Dedicated. Open-minded. We never stop asking why, and how, and can we do this better? We’re curious problem-solvers who believe data will change the way we live, work and communicate. Being at the forefront of this revolutionary change in a sustainable, positive way is what drives us.
Would you like to know more?
Want to learn about the types of projects you can work on as a Xomnia junior data engineer? Check out this blog by Nelson, on his experience building a centralised data lake for Tata Steel.
Apply now we are always looking for talents! There are three opportunities per year to begin the program: the first of March, the first of June, and the first of September.
P.S. Unfortunately people from outside the EU can’t apply for this job because we can’t sponsor you for a permit yet. You need to understand Dutch if you want to start in our junior program.
Do you need personal advice?