Big Data Engineer – ENG
Are you an experienced Big Data Engineer and ready for the next step in your career? Xomnia offers you this opportunity. We are looking for a Big Data Engineer with specific knowledge of Hadoop, Spark and Kafka, and the capability to architect highly scalable distributed systems, using different open source tools. Are you the new member of our core-team?
As a Big Data Engineer at Xomnia you get the opportunity to work at different clients in a variety of sectors. All of our customers have in common they want to extract value out of their data. As an engineer it’s important to guide our clients and share your knowledge. With a background in Computer Science, Computer/Software Engineering, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence or Econometrics, you are capable of helping people and inspire them to go through the Big Data Engineering process. Asking the right questions, taking analytical solutions into production, as well as testing and deploying are some of the responsibilities. Xomnia handles specific projects at the client, but is also able to boost the team capacity of a client for an x amount of hours. We are able to achieve this because we are working with people who are enthusiastic and eager to learn.
Are you the Big Data Engineer we’re looking for?
You are able to:
- share knowledge with others;
- use your work experience (minimum of 3 years) to cooperate with different departments of the client
- solve problems: anticipate, identify, and define problems
- work in a team
- use Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, and work in a cloud environment (preferably Google Cloud Platform)
- program in Python or R
- work in a NoSQL database – Cassandra, HBase or MongoDB is a pro
What you’ll receive as a Big Data Engineer:
- a lot of different challenging projects at a variety of clients;
- the opportunity to create business impact;
- guide innovative and complex projects;
- work with the most recent and coolest platforms, like Domino Data Lab or Dataiku.
- a network of the best data scientists and Big Data Engineers;
- your own Xomnia hoodie, it’s amazing, it’s true.
Which projects will you be working on?
Would you like to know what kind of projects we are doing? We understand, because we would check that as well. Eagerness is something you should have as our new Xomnia colleague. You can read about different cases here and if you want to dive into some more stuff we gladly offer two interesting whitepapers about Schadegarant and the Municipality of Utrecht.
Interested to join us as a Big Data Engineer? Apply now.