Are you an experienced Data Engineer looking to take the next step in your career? Then, Xomnia, the leading AI consulting company, has an opportunity for you. We are looking for a communicative Data Engineer with a focus on the Azure cloud environment and knowledge of open source technologies like Spark, Kafka, Airflow and Kubernetes.
At Xomnia, we believe in a “can and will do mentality” and in leading by example. As a Data Engineer at Xomnia, you will work on challenging projects for our clients in collaboration with other medior and senior team members. Examples of such projects include building data pipelines, designing Azure cloud architectures, productionizing machine learning models and building custom software solutions. Together with the team, you will follow the best practices in the field, and ensure the right level of automation.
We are looking for data engineers who are eager and dedicated to keep learning and developing themselves, and who get energy from developing solutions that work. If you enjoy achieving goals together with the team, and realizing our customers’ ambitions, we strongly encourage you to apply to this role.
What you will need
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a data engineer
- A master’s degree in computer science, artificial Intelligence or similar
- Extensive experience designing and implementing solutions in Azure Cloud (at least 3 years)
- Basic knowledge or desire to learn open-source technologies like Spark, Cassandra, Airflow, Kafka and/or Kubernetes
- Excellent Software Engineering skills in Python, Scala or Java
- Focus on creating standard blueprints for similar applications
- Experience with containerization (Docker), CI / CD and testing
- Enjoy sharing knowledge and being eager to keep developing yourself
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Paid time for self development
- Monthly knowledge sharing sessions / trainings by colleagues or external trainers
- 25 vacation days and the possibility of taking unpaid leave
- Challenging assignments
- Company laptop of your choice
- Work from home package
- Supportive colleagues who, besides work, also like to undertake other activities
- Company trips and activities like the Xomnia WKD, ski trips, and weekly sports activities
Xomnia is a leading AI consulting company. We’re curious problem-solvers who believe data will change the way we live, work and communicate. Being at the forefront of this revolutionary change in a sustainable, positive way is what drives us.
We develop and deploy tailor-made data science solutions. From developing an application for real-time fraud detection on Google Cloud Platform, to setting up a customized recommender engine in an existing Azure environment, we solve challenging data science and engineering projects from start to finish.
Xomnia started in 2013 in a room in the heart of Amsterdam. These days, we take up a building near Prinsengracht, and it still feels like home. Like any family, we all feel comfortable just being ourselves.